My Pregnancy Journal


All about my 3rd pregnancy*

Thoughts, information, pictures, etc.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

25 Weeks and Prenatal Appointment


Baby's heartbeat: 147/bpm
My bloodpressure: 100/62
I'm measuring 27 cm
I've gained 17lbs so far.

Jeremy took off work to bring me and Ursula just loves *helping* Melanie listen to the baby's heartbeat :D She was so excited this morning when I told her we were going to hear it today :D heehee

Gosh, we sat there, waiting for soooo long... I don't wear much jewelry, so no watch either, so, not sure exactly how long... but, the baby was moving and moving. Usually I feel him the most when I'm laying down. Sometimes while I'm standing and cooking, he'll move, which is so strange feeling! hehe I told her I have those typical aches... and at that moment, my left hip was aching. All normal and will resolve themselves once the baby's born; I know from experience.

Melanie told me that she's changed the way she's working starting Nov. 1st. She'll only be in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She'll always have her beeper on her. And on the weekends, she'll be pulling 16 hr shifts at Lafayette's Women and Children's Hospital. So, more than likely, she won't be doing deliveries on the weekends. Both of my girls were born on the weekends... I did tell her that and I'm sure the likelyhood of another weekend baby was prolly far-fetched and that I was going to stick with her. She was letting all her clients know to give them the opportunity to find another doctor or midwife.

I also went ahead and did my glucose screening since I hadn't eaten since before 8pm last night and also to save Jeremy from having to take another day off of work... by the time I got to drink that yummy (ha ha - although it wasn't too bad) orange drink, it was 11:45... then that one hour wait... THEN, we went grocery shopping... something that we desperately needed to do. So, I didn't get to eat until about 3:00pm!!! Man! It wasn't soo bad until right before that one hour was up... I was getting so hungry!

My next appointment is in 4 wks.

(for Ursula, at almost 25 wks, I was measuring 24cm... blood pressure was pretty much the same and I hadn't gotten to 150lbs yet!)

Oh, and my hair wasn't finished drying in these pictures... it wasn't exactly fixed... but, good enough. Jeremy took the pictures... he didn't tell me when he was gonna shoot... so, that's why there's no smile or barely one... I wasn't ready for either one! lol

7 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Aches and pains just normal w/pregnacy, huh? Is that what she said? Or are you just keeping those miracle cures to yourself :)k
    Well, sounds like all is well. 17 pounds sounds pretty good, huh?

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Alison said…

    Well, the aches are mostly from ligaments and muscles stretching in various places... or so she said anyways.
    Yeah, I'm pretty content about *only* gaining 17 lbs so far. Typically, 'they' want you to gain 25-35 lbs. I gained 40 lbs for both of my pregnancies. It would be so nice if I didn't gain 40 for this one...

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Hey! Where's Ursula? Did you kick her out so you could take the pictures?

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Tasha LeBleu said…

    LOL at what Julie said!!! You are lookin' good! You are right, you still don't look all THAT pregnant...Damn boobs!!! Great gain!!! Keep it up girly!!!

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    hehe, yeah, I laughed at Julie's comment too :) I guess what happened was that we were both unprepared for when Jeremy was about to snap the picture. Because prior to that, she was saying she was going to take pictures with me :)

    Thanks Tasha :) Damn boobs is so right! I looked at myself in the mirror yesterday, trying to compress my breasts and yep, if they were smaller, I'd soooo be showing right now! lol

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww Alison! I'm so excited you're going to have a little lad! Your hair looks BEAUUUTIFUL!!! You've got the pregnancy glow! Must be those 'Buff genes!

    :-0 xoxo from Jenn

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Alison said…

    Thanks so much, Jenn :D I don't feel like I'm glowing! lol Just real tired and achy! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

*Not counting the time I believe I miscarried, the day before Thanksgiving 2003