My Pregnancy Journal


All about my 3rd pregnancy*

Thoughts, information, pictures, etc.

Monday, December 05, 2005

37 Weeks - (well, actually, 36wk6days)

I gained one pound from last week.

The GBS test came back negative (of course) and my hemoglobin is fine as well :D yay!

They took my blood pressure twice (digital read-out) because the first time it read that my bp was 140/73, heartbeat was 94bpm. Of course, I was talking while it was on my arm, so maybe that made a difference. The second time, like a few minutes later, my bp read 126/70, my heartbeat was 90bpm.

I'm measuring 34cm still.
Dilated one cm. No effacement.

The doc will be checking my cervix at every appointment until the baby is born. I don't remember them doing that for my other 2 pregnancies.

Baby's heartbeat was in the 130's. Doc said its prolly cause he's sleeping.

I feeling a little excited... but, kind of meloncholy as I will sooo miss having a baby in my belly! I know, I'm a weirdo. But, its just so neat :D

I started feeling more excited after my sil, Jessica, had her baby and I was holding that little sweet thing :D I really am anticipating holding my little one.

I go back next Monday. I made my appointment later so that Jeremy could go to work in the morning and get off early to bring me... at least he won't miss a full day of work like he did today. Of course, the appointment is also late enough that Calista will be home from school.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    He he, I know what you mean about holding a little one...when I would hold Carter, Sue's little one, I would get really excited. Another reason I thought I was havng a girl, b/c Carter was real good on me...
    One cm! whoo-hoo! The time is drawing near :D

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Alison said…

    LOL So, you believe that thing that if a baby is content with you, that means you're having a baby of the opposite sex? hehehe I never really noticed that... I should have heard about that one way back when I was pregnant for Calista... see how much truth it holds.

    Yeah, a whole centimeter! lol Big whoop! lol I'm not too worried... as you know, I believe the baby will come when its ready :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

*Not counting the time I believe I miscarried, the day before Thanksgiving 2003