My Pregnancy Journal


All about my 3rd pregnancy*

Thoughts, information, pictures, etc.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Contractions

This past Sat., we went to 2 different bday parties... so, there was a lot of walking and standing for me; well, more than normal. Walking after Ursula and all. Well, I had lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions... they seem to last so long. I drove home from Jason and Tori's and I swear, the whole time driving (like 30 min), my belly was hard.

Then, yesterday, I was sorting through all the baby clothes that Tasha and Tori had given me, and I kept getting those BH's. It was so uncomfortable. And then, to make things 'worse', I also had been having diahrea since Sat. night.

So, I look up some info, and yeah, diahrea is one of the signs of labor. I started getting upset... because I was so not prepared to have a baby THIS soon... I'm not one of those moms who sees week 37 and is ready to have the baby. I was thinking I'd be at least 39 wks. I mean, I am okay with whenever this baby is ready to make his entrance, but I was just not thinking it would be this early... well, this was all in my head. Even shed a few tears.

I wasn't timing anything, prolly 'cause I didn't want to know... lol

Plus, I was hoping this was happening because of all the walking and standing I did all day long Sat. That my body just needed to rest.

So, I cleaned out my clothes... need to make room for baby's clothes. I got out 5 trash bags of clothes. As I'm doing this, I'm thinking, 'great, another labor or impending labor sign, nesting'.

In the middle of the night, I get up to pee, as usual. So, I think, let me see how these contractions are actually feeling and what is the time spanse between them.

I timed them from like 12:45 to 1:30am. One of the last ones I sat through (I had my knees bent outward with the soles of my feet touching). it felt as though the baby was either getting his head engaged or my cervix was opening a little more. They were mostly 5 min apart with some being a little closer. And, yes, it felt like waves. There were no other real pains... well, sometimes, there was some sensations in my cervix area. All it felt was the hardening of my belly. And a few times, between the contractions, the baby was like swimming or doing something... it was startling whenever I'd feel such big movements. So, I figure that I'll just go to sleep and see what happens. In the meantime, I'm trying to prepare myself for, perhaps a birth soon.

Well, I slept pretty fine the rest of the night. And although I'm still getting the contractions, they aren't spaced as closely. So, I feel a little relieved.

My mom is on her way to sleep over at my house for Calista's Christmas program tomorrow night. She's coming today to bring me to my prenatal appointment so that Jeremy could work a full day. I'm betting that the doc will tell me that I'm like 3 or 4 cm dilated. That's what I think, anyways. I'll be 38 wks tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alison it's Jen. I'm dyin up here that you're having contractions and the time is getting soo close!!!!!!!!
    Please keep posted!!!!!
    A Million Blessings to you!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    Thanks Jen! :D Yep, time is fast approaching! Getting more excited :D hehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

*Not counting the time I believe I miscarried, the day before Thanksgiving 2003